Texas Professional General Notary Work (GNW) Training Package
Texas Professional General Notary Work (GNW) Training Package
Includes Texas Notary Public Workshop, Advanced Course, and Texas Online Notary Public Series
Who should take these courses?
New Texas Notaries, current Texas Notaries Public (as a refresher), current Texas Process Servers for Continuing Education, and those interested in becoming a traditional Texas Notary Public and Online Texas Notary.
Why should you enroll in these courses?
A Texas Notary Public is personally liable for negligence or fraud in the performance of the duties of the office. The Notary Public assumes personal liability for the full extent of damages caused by a breach of his or hers’ official duty. In addition to civil liability, Texas Notaries Public may be subject to criminal prosecution and the revocation or suspension of their notary public commission by the Texas Secretary of State’s office.
There are currently no requirements for any type of “Formal Training” for Texas Notaries Public. However, as you will learn in this course, Texas Gov’t. Code Ann. § 406.009 gives the Texas Secretary of State the authority to reject an application, or suspend or revoke the commission of any Notary Public for “good cause”. “Good Cause” includes:
• – the failure to comply with Section 406.017;
• – a final conviction for a violation of law concerning the regulation of the conduct of notaries’ public in this or another state;
• – the imposition on the notary public of an administrative, criminal, or civil penalty for a violation of a law or rule prescribing the duties of a notary public;
This means that even though there are no requirements for formal training, a Texas Notary Public is still expected to know and more importantly follow the laws and regulations governing his or her commission.
By the way, what is not mentioned above are the monetary fines that can also be imposed if any of the laws are violated. So, not only can a Texas Notary Public loose his or her commission, the individual could be looking at some pretty hefty fines depending on the severity of the violation committed (and believe me, this does happen).
Unfortunately, the excuse “I didn’t know” does not come into play. Before you start notarizing documents, it is your responsibility to learn the rules and regulations governing your Texas Notary Public commission.
DISCLAIMER: Completion of this course does not award you a Texas Notary Public Commission
What You Will Learn
Texas Notary Public Training Workshop
- How to become a Texas Notary Public
- Reasons for Rejection/Suspension/Revocation
- Duties of a Texas Notary Public
- Authorized Notarial Fees
- Recordkeeping Requirements (Notary Journal)
- Notary Responsibilities
- How to complete notarial certificates
- The difference between an Affidavit and Jurat
- How to handle Certified Copies
- How to administer an Oath
- What you cannot do
- Unauthorized Practice of Law (UPL)
- And more.
Texas Notary Public Advanced Training Course
- Notarizing For Signers With Disabilities
- Adding Notarial Certificates
- How to Handle Handwritten Documents
- Proper Record Keeping
- Notarizing Documents Requiring Witnesses
- Avoiding Official Misconduct
- Notarizing Documents in Foreign Languages
- Notarizing Translations
- Signing With a Power of Attorney
- Incompetent Signers
- Credible Witnesses
- And more.
The Texas Remote Online Notary Public Training Series
The role of a Notary Public is a huge responsibility. Performing these duties online adds an additional layer of official administrative responsibility, that requires the incorporation of new skills, laws, and rules.
The Texas Remote Online Notary Public Training Series is a three-part training program, created to help Texas Notaries interested in becoming remote online notaries get started.
Part One - Becoming a Texas Online Notary
- Part One discusses the steps necessary to become a Texas Online Notary, and takes you through the actual application process. The course comes with handouts and 120-days course access.
Part Two & Part Three - Online Notary Resources & Procedures
- Part Two - Online Notary Resources
- Part Two discusses the resources that are needed to successfully provide remote online notary services, such as supplies, and software. Remote online platforms are discussed, along with what you would need to create your own online platform.
- Part Three - Online Notary Procedures
- Part Three discusses the requirements to complete online notarizations in Texas and includes online notarization procedures.
- Part Two & Three comes with handouts and 120-days course access.
- Texas Notary Public Workshop and Advance Course Bundle – $150
- This training package is for those who are interested in learning the laws, rules, statutes, and guidelines that govern both Texas traditional Notaries and Texas Online Notaries.
- This bundle consists of four courses.
- The Texas Notary Public Workshop & Advanced Course.
- Part One – How to become a Texas Online Notary
- Part Two & Three – Online Notary Public Resources and Procedures.
- In order to become a Texas Online Notary, you must first be a traditional Texas Notary Public.
Texas Notary Public Professional Training Academy – Mission:
To teach the Texas Notary Public how to properly notarize documents and complete notarial certificates, so the Notary Public will feel confident completing notarial duties for the general public. Also, provide training in “what to do” and “what not to do” as a Texas Notary Public.
Call us at (210)343-5007 or email us at: email@example.com to access your online course if purchased at this site. Or purchase directly from our online training site and get immediate access @ Texas Notary Public Professional Online Training Academy.
Phyllis E. Traylor, MA, US Army Retired, Texas Notary Public Instructor
Certified Signing Agent, Texas Certified Process Server
National Notary Association (NNA) 2018 Notary of the Year Special Honoree
Texas Notary Public Professional Training Academy (Owner) - State-Specific Training
As a Notary Public I have a pretty diverse background. I have a Master of Arts Degree in Adult and Higher Education, and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Education. I am also a United States Army Retiree (served 20 years).
I am the owner of the Texas Notary Public Professional Training Academy, My San Antonio Mobile Notary (A+ Certified by BBB) and several other subsidiaries providing services to Bexar, Comal and Guadalupe counties in Texas.
As an educator, I taught full time as an Assistant Professor at St. Philip’s College in the Business Information Solutions Department, and at DeVry University as a Visiting Professor. I am also a contributing writer for the American Association of Notaries.
I have nearly ten years of experience as a Notary Public. I have over seven years of experience in the Real Estate Industry as a Real Estate Agent/Broker and have performed hundreds of real estate transactions and closings.
In 2019 I was invited by the Texas Secretary of State’s office to participate in the Texas Notary Public Conference. Both my presentations can be viewed on youtube:
- Starting Your Mobile Notary Business: https://youtu.be/pV6iPhOCXuA
- Signing Agent Common Errors, Best Practices and Responsibilities: https://youtu.be/-aTXgQkOfYY
I am a strong believer in education. I feel that whatever role you decide to take on, you should be well equipped to do your best. As a Notary Public, you have been appointed, as an officer of the state, and you have an obligation to both yourself and the public to know what you are doing. While there is no mandated training for a Texas Notary Public that is no excuse not to learn and follow the laws associated with your appointment.
If you are interested in learning more, please join our facebook group (make sure to answer all questions for acceptance into the group): Texas Notary Public Training Academy
If you are interested in participating in Texas state-specific continuing education, monthly webinars, new monthly training and enjoying reduced prices on our courses, Click here to become a Texas Notary Public Training Academy Patron
Interested in mentoring? https://www.texasnotarytrainingacademy.com/mentoring/
List of all of our upcoming training: https://www.texasnotarytrainingacademy.com/courses/